Monday, May 28, 2007

Vietnam- Memorial Day

Dear Men and Women who fought in the Vietnam War,
Prior to studying the Vietnam war, i barely knew anything on the topic. I would like to express my gratitude towards all of the soldiers and people who helped out during the war. I never realized that without this war and your efforts, our world would be filled with communism and dictators. Also, I can imagine it would be hard to fight in a battle that is so deeply criticized. Another thing that I never thought about this war was the number of American casualties. As I was strolling along in the Vietnam Memorial, I couldn't believe how many names were on that wall. The number was astronomical. I had never imagined that there could be that many deaths from one cause. Although we may have not "won" this war, I believe that we won the fight against communism. I could not image what the world would be like if those soldiers would not have given their lives. I am extremely grateful and even though there is no way I could repay any of the casualties, I would really like to give back to the cause some day.

No comments: